Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Purse Tells All

Well, if you check my purse on any given day you will find that I am not, by nature, a neat person. You may or may not find my sun glasses. If they are there, they're not in their case, just crammed next to it. If they're not there, then they are either in my truck, on top of my jewelry box, on my desk, in my coat pocket, on the nightstand, next to the bathroom sink, on top of the microwave on the in table in the living room, under one of my sons' homework or on my head. If it's the latter, then I don't know that they are there and I'm running around my house checking the other places mentioned.
You will also find in my purse about two hundred dollars in change. This is because I'm always in such a hurry that when I shop I just shove some bills at the cashier and cram the change into one of the many pockets, none of which is actually designated for anything in particular. I only remove the excess change when it has weighted the purse to the point of causing lower back pain.
Also, you can find every receipt I've every gotten for anything except for the one I've torn my entire house apart looking for. You could determine from my punch cards, receipts and coupons for various stores that I'm a bargain shopper. Buying stuff that's not on sale or that I don't have a coupon for is actually physically painful for me. Mingled with these are grocery lists from last June, gum which should be examined thoroughly before chewing, and of course hard, butterscotch candies with lint stuck where the wrapper opens (Grandma started the tradition, who am I to break it). Do you feel that you know me better now?

No comments: